cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AquaGoat
Engaged Sweeper III
Hello,

My agents and I all have personal e-mail addresses, as well there being our generic support e-mail address that the HelpDesk is accessing. That is all working great. One thing that is maybe an issue, or maybe isn't working by design is this:

We each have our personal e-mail and the support email in our MS Outlook. Sometimes a request comes to our personal account, and what we can do is drag and drop that e-mail into the support inbox. The system grabs the email and opens the ticket accordingly. Very handy, as we don't need to go into the HelpDesk and manually open the ticket on that users behalf. The ticket itself looks normal, it's got all the right cc users and the user who created the ticket etc. However, when we use the HelpDesk to reply to that ticket, the generating user does not receive any e-mails. Instead the e-mails go to the person who received the initial ticket in their personal inbox and moved it to the support inbox. The system must see in the e-mail header that it was sent to the agent, and even though the system "knows" who opened the ticket, treats that agent as the opening user.

We have stopped this practice for now and are instead opening tickets manually for the user, but as I mentioned, it was a super handy way to quickly open a ticket that landed in our personal inbox. This way another agent can grab an issue if the person who received the issue was busy. It's also a great way to get all our requests in the system, whether sent to the generic support or an agent directly.

Is there a work around here besides opening the tickets manually? Is this a bug?

Thanks,
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Ideally, you would add any personal accounts as aliases to the help desk system. That way, tickets are automatically imported from these accounts as well and you don't have to manually drag them to the inbox. All of our agents have personal accounts as well, which are configured as aliases in our mail server and help desk. Emails sent to the personal accounts are automatically imported into the help desk and replies can optionally be sent from the personal email addresses as well.

More information on aliases can be found here. If you require further assistance, it would be best to contact support@lansweeper.com and include "beta" in the title of your message. As the beta hasn't been released publicly yet, we're mostly answering questions via email.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SMWO
Engaged Sweeper II
Hi There

I am on 6032 (updated from 6022 on behalf of lansweeper support, on reporting this issue) and facing this issue right now!

In fact, our angents don't want to have their personal emails as a ticket in helpdesk. Let's say it's one email of ten, that was mistakenly sent to the IT guy instead of the lansweeper-mailbox. In switzerland, the law says anyway, that the user inbox is "private area" of the employee, and unless there is no company-policy, by law nobody is allowed to access that mailbox except the user allowes it.

And for sure, our agents don't choose the complicated way to manually forward the email to lansweeper as then they have to set the user and agent by hand and have a forwarding text header in the ticket.

So the easyiest way is to have full access to the lansweeper mailbox and just drag and drop the emails that were in fact a ticket request (Outlook / Exchange).On lansweeper side everything looks smoothly, just in the background it breaks and just does not send out emails to the user... and the ticket will stay on "waiting for response" forever! So why is lansweeper checking the receipient address of tickets in its inbox (obiously in the background), if there are no aliases defined? In my opinion it does not matter how they got into the lansweeper inbox, they just should be processed and replied from there, except the agent makes it personal, which is a different scenario.

I did try to add my personal email address as alias into lansweeper, but when I try to public answer a ticket (which was in lansweeper already before defining the alias) the problem persists - no email being sent out.

For tickets that were created this way, after entering my personal emailaddress as alias on lansweeper, it looks like user-emails are being sent, but I don't get a copy sent to my personal mailbox anymore. Not that I really need them, but it would be nice if I could toggle them by myself.

Many thanks in advance!
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Ideally, you would add any personal accounts as aliases to the help desk system. That way, tickets are automatically imported from these accounts as well and you don't have to manually drag them to the inbox. All of our agents have personal accounts as well, which are configured as aliases in our mail server and help desk. Emails sent to the personal accounts are automatically imported into the help desk and replies can optionally be sent from the personal email addresses as well.

More information on aliases can be found here. If you require further assistance, it would be best to contact support@lansweeper.com and include "beta" in the title of your message. As the beta hasn't been released publicly yet, we're mostly answering questions via email.