cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
esr
Champion Sweeper
The History tab of an asset page shows when an asset was first seen, and adds the following statement to the history tab: First added computer at [DATE and TIME]

Is the history also logged for the dates an asset went Non-active, and then Active again? Or any other preferred method for learning when an asset went from Non-active to Active?

Thanks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
In Lansweeper 5.3, only the current state of the asset is stored in the database. The Lansweeper 6.0 beta does include a new database table (tblConfigLog) that logs changes made to the Configuration tab and to assets. I'm not sure whether you'll be able to identify state changes specifically and whether changes made by cleanup options are logged as well - the logging feature is still being worked on - but my 6.0 installation did add the following to the tblConfigLog table when I manually changed the state of an asset:
Altered asset with name 'DC2-WIN2008'. (Assets) 02/11/2016 16:55:31

If you haven't already, contact support@lansweeper.com and include "beta" in the title of your message. We'll add you to our list of beta testers and send you the beta.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
esr
Champion Sweeper
Great- Thanks for the info Susan!
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
In Lansweeper 5.3, only the current state of the asset is stored in the database. The Lansweeper 6.0 beta does include a new database table (tblConfigLog) that logs changes made to the Configuration tab and to assets. I'm not sure whether you'll be able to identify state changes specifically and whether changes made by cleanup options are logged as well - the logging feature is still being worked on - but my 6.0 installation did add the following to the tblConfigLog table when I manually changed the state of an asset:
Altered asset with name 'DC2-WIN2008'. (Assets) 02/11/2016 16:55:31

If you haven't already, contact support@lansweeper.com and include "beta" in the title of your message. We'll add you to our list of beta testers and send you the beta.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now