cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
matt
Engaged Sweeper
I'm currently trying to get build together an audit list of our software and there is a constant back and forth checking of used licences compared to unused. Is there a way to run an report or display the "# Missing" in License compliance overview instead of just seeing a number? I have some products with 1, 7, 10, etc missing and it would be nice to just click the number and display what machines of those that seem to be "missing" a key. (see below)

Going along with the above part... Is there a way to once you input the license key in the "orders" section it just automatically pulls in how many machines are using that key? I think it would be nice to have that auto-populate field and then also manual input field of how many licenses you have actually purchased. I have been manually inputting the key into license overview filter, then counting how many machines are using that key, then noting in comment section of edited purchased license, then subtracting from a "fake" key in that same software just to keep it balanced. ITS ANNOYING, and a big headache. We have tons of VL, MAK, and KMS keys and it seems like its just been a hassle keeping track of 100 machines that are assigned 1 key but then different versions. I understand you can add a software or license and manually edit it but then it will not match due to the program name. Maybe a an extra feature on the asset to say Yes this machine key is activated and valid running against license overview.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
We plan on adding this in a future release, but the software licence compliance module does not currently allow you to link licenses to specific assets. Therefore, it cannot tell you which specific machines are missing a license. It will only tell you which machines have the software installed and how many licenses are missing.

Trogdor mentioned this as well, but there is a separate feature that allows you to scan software license keys. If you submit license keys in the compliance module and scan your keys as well, you can build a report listing machines with the specified keys installed, based on the tblSublicensesOrders and tblSerialnumber database tables.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
We plan on adding this in a future release, but the software licence compliance module does not currently allow you to link licenses to specific assets. Therefore, it cannot tell you which specific machines are missing a license. It will only tell you which machines have the software installed and how many licenses are missing.

Trogdor mentioned this as well, but there is a separate feature that allows you to scan software license keys. If you submit license keys in the compliance module and scan your keys as well, you can build a report listing machines with the specified keys installed, based on the tblSublicensesOrders and tblSerialnumber database tables.
Ldag0507
Engaged Sweeper
Will check it out and let you know!
TrogdorTheMan
Engaged Sweeper II
I haven't spent much time on it myself yet, but you can add license keys to be scanned.

For instance if I go to Software on my computer's page and scroll down to "Recovered License keys" There is a short cut to the "Scanned Product Keys" Page. You can also get to it by going to Configuration > Software > Product Keys. It looks a bit manual labor intensive if you have a lot of different types of software to track.

You hit add product key, type in a product Name, list where in the registry your key is stored, registry value, etc and it should start pulling the key if it's installed on the asset.

Like I said, I haven't done it myself yet, soon but not yet, But I think this will help you with running reports on which PC has which License key installed.

http://www.lansweeper.com/kb/132/viewing-and-scanning-software-license-keys.html
Ldag0507
Engaged Sweeper
I am running into the same problem, especially where you mention multiple versions as well as different product names for the same product.

I was also hoping to be able to attach some metadata to software, much like we can edit assets. hoping there is an answer to this at some point.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now