cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ahall
Engaged Sweeper
We have Apple TVs in our conference rooms which appear to need occasional reboots. It would be great if Lansweeper could 1) inventory them and 2) use deployment to send reboot. But to start with the first step, can we inventory them?

Thanks, Angela
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Lansweeper can pull data from any network device that has any of the following protocols enabled: FTP, HTTP, HTTPS, JetDirect, MOB (Managed Object Browser), SIP, SMTP, SNMP (SNMPv1, SNMPv2 or SNMPv3), SSH, Telnet, WMI. So the question really is whether Apple TVs support any of the aforementioned protocols. I don't know whether they do. If you tick Save Pinged IP for your IP ranges under Configuration\Scanning Methods, Lansweeper will generate assets for all pingable IPs though.

In regards to deployment: the deployment feature can only be used to deploy changes on Windows computers. I'm not sure which commands you could use, but you could potentially create a custom action under Configuration\Asset Pages to reboot the TVs. Action parameters are listed when you hit the Add Asset Action button.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Lansweeper can pull data from any network device that has any of the following protocols enabled: FTP, HTTP, HTTPS, JetDirect, MOB (Managed Object Browser), SIP, SMTP, SNMP (SNMPv1, SNMPv2 or SNMPv3), SSH, Telnet, WMI. So the question really is whether Apple TVs support any of the aforementioned protocols. I don't know whether they do. If you tick Save Pinged IP for your IP ranges under Configuration\Scanning Methods, Lansweeper will generate assets for all pingable IPs though.

In regards to deployment: the deployment feature can only be used to deploy changes on Windows computers. I'm not sure which commands you could use, but you could potentially create a custom action under Configuration\Asset Pages to reboot the TVs. Action parameters are listed when you hit the Add Asset Action button.