cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SUB
Engaged Sweeper
We now force SSL on our Lansweeper site. I have imported the "Lansweeper Secure website certificate" but it complains over the site name. Can I change the site name in the certificate so that it is actually the name of our Lansweeper site? Or should I make a new certificate.
Best Regards Anna
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Michael_V
Champion Sweeper III
You can use your own certificate. See: http://www.lansweeper.com/kb/54/How-to-configure-SSL-in-IIS-Express.html

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
I don't see any tickets related to this issue in our help desk, so I'll consider this resolved for now.
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Could you contact our development team at support@lansweeper.com, as they are more knowledgeable on the subject of certificates, and provide the information below. Thanks in advance!
  • Description of the problem, as well as a screenshot of what you see when the web console is unreachable.
  • Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\Errorlog.txt, as present on your Lansweeper server.
  • If it exists, the error log present in Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Website\App_Data.
  • Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\IISexpress\iisexpress.config.
  • Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\IISexpress\IISExpressSvc.exe.config.
SUB
Engaged Sweeper
I asked our certificate responsible to create a certificate for the site that our Lansweeper is hosted on and that is trusted by our Root-certificate. I imported it to certmanager to find the Thumbprint of the created certificate and pasted it to the SExpressSvc.exe.config file and changed 0 to 1 . Restarted the IIS but it made our site unreachable. So I had to change it back. Any suggestions on what we do wrong? I am only used to IIS 7 where you import the certificate in IIS manager so I do not really understand how to do this. I don´t understand where the name of the site that the certificate is issued to is changed either. Our site is not called Lansweeper secure website?
Michael_V
Champion Sweeper III
You can use your own certificate. See: http://www.lansweeper.com/kb/54/How-to-configure-SSL-in-IIS-Express.html