cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lukeblundell
Engaged Sweeper
Hi,

We would be interested in having a "Stock control system" let me give you an example of what I mean.

Say for example we buy stock of x5 USB to Ethernet adapters, we want to be able to add x5 stock of that one product(asset) then when we loan one out or sell one we can click on it deduct 1 and it comes up with some options of who you are deducting it too / sale price / date etc (maybe with custom fields?) which will then automatically take 1 off our stock and same for adding more of the same stock of a product such as we bought 5 we would like to say increase x5 and say where we bought it from how much on what date for our records.

To me this sounds quite simple but cannot find a product out there! Also think it could fit very well into lansweeper with its whole asset database.

Any more questions regarding what I mean please ask or if you know of a product like this do tell me!

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
You appear to have submitted a similar question via email. Lansweeper wasn't specifically designed for what you are trying to do and might not work exactly in the way you're describing. However, as mentioned via email as well, you could create assets for stock items and link them to users. Each asset has a number of fields you can add data to and a configurable state: stock, stolen, broken etc.

You can manually add an asset by clicking the Assets link at the top of the console and hitting the New Asset button on the left. You can also import assets from a .csv file by following the steps in this knowledge base article. Instructions for linking assets to other assets or users can be found here. You can add comments to assets and link documents to them as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
We can't really provide support for creating custom widgets, but some custom widget examples were posted in our knowledge base, here. You could indeed use a custom field to store stock information and then edit this field as changes occur, manually or through a script or widget.
Danielbo
Engaged Sweeper II
Hi,

We are looking for something simmilar. What i thought about is to make a custom widget for LS and the do the add and remove from stock via SQL queries. It requires abit of coding but should be possible.

What we were thinking is to add a asset wich is called say "Headsets" and then use a custom field (Lets call itt "Number of Avalible") to add the number in stock. Then we could make some simple buttons to add or remove from that field. I belive this is out of LS Support scope but should be possible. Buy using that we could keep track of the amount of items in stock.

Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
You appear to have submitted a similar question via email. Lansweeper wasn't specifically designed for what you are trying to do and might not work exactly in the way you're describing. However, as mentioned via email as well, you could create assets for stock items and link them to users. Each asset has a number of fields you can add data to and a configurable state: stock, stolen, broken etc.

You can manually add an asset by clicking the Assets link at the top of the console and hitting the New Asset button on the left. You can also import assets from a .csv file by following the steps in this knowledge base article. Instructions for linking assets to other assets or users can be found here. You can add comments to assets and link documents to them as well.