cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jln_S
Engaged Sweeper II
Hello,

In our Active Diretory are ~500 Server in one OU.

Under the register "Active Directory" in lansweeper I can see the whole structure and number of client per OU.
But the number of servers in the specified OU is not equal like the real number.

In lansweeper is see only 200 Server (Active Directory Computers OU tab).

I configured all of our IP ranges and scanned them too but in sum the number is not the real.

I get only ~300 servers but in real ~500 are online and reachable.

Whats wrong?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
If you are trying to pull all computer objects from Active Directory OUs specified by you, I would recommend using Scheduled Computer Scanning, not IP Address Range Scanning. More info on Scheduled Computer Scanning can be found in this knowledge base article.

IP Address Range Scanning does not query Active Directory directly and will not detect machines that are firewalled for instance. With Scheduled Computer Scanning, you should at least see an asset for every (enabled) computer object, even if the machine cannot be successfully scanned due to firewall or other issues. A troubleshooting guide for common scanning errors can be found here.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
If you are trying to pull all computer objects from Active Directory OUs specified by you, I would recommend using Scheduled Computer Scanning, not IP Address Range Scanning. More info on Scheduled Computer Scanning can be found in this knowledge base article.

IP Address Range Scanning does not query Active Directory directly and will not detect machines that are firewalled for instance. With Scheduled Computer Scanning, you should at least see an asset for every (enabled) computer object, even if the machine cannot be successfully scanned due to firewall or other issues. A troubleshooting guide for common scanning errors can be found here.