cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jln_S
Engaged Sweeper II
Hello community,

I installed lansweeper in our company. In my last the sql compact database was enough.

Now I think we need more space because in the past I used lansweeper for ~1000 clients.

I need some input for our sql admin.

Which sizing do you think should we use?

mfg Julien
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Database size can vary greatly depending on what you're scanning and how much history you're keeping. We generally recommend reserving 1GB per 1000 assets. For 1000+ assets we do recommend using SQL Server, not SQL Compact, even if you won't reach SQL Compact's database size limit. SQL Compact can't handle large amounts of assets very well.

SQL Server 2008 R2, 2012 and 2014 Express have a database size limit of 10GB, whereas older SQL Express versions have a database size limit of 4GB.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Database size can vary greatly depending on what you're scanning and how much history you're keeping. We generally recommend reserving 1GB per 1000 assets. For 1000+ assets we do recommend using SQL Server, not SQL Compact, even if you won't reach SQL Compact's database size limit. SQL Compact can't handle large amounts of assets very well.

SQL Server 2008 R2, 2012 and 2014 Express have a database size limit of 10GB, whereas older SQL Express versions have a database size limit of 4GB.
Jln_S
Engaged Sweeper II
Thank you very much for your fast answer 🙂
fjca
Champion Sweeper II
We use a pretty standard install, with no Eventlog scanning, and our DB size, with 5400 clients is about 3.6 Gb (800 Gb unallocated), on SQL Server Express 2012.

PeterJG
Champion Sweeper II
use SQL Express.. we run on 2014 and truncating old logs with 1000+ and database is little over 500MB

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now