cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nixfaenger
Engaged Sweeper
Hello,

six days ago, i createt a new OU in the AD.
But now, six days later, the OU is still not visible in LS.
Is there a way to force the scan for new OUs in the AD?

In which time intervalls the AD will be scanned?
can i adjust that?

Regards, Stephan
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
If that computer was scanned while it was in another OU, only the AD account details of that machine haven't been updated. Under Configuration\Server options, section Asset Cleanup Options, could you enable "Refresh active directory computer details (OU,description,... )". Afterwards restart Lansweeper service or just wait for 24 hours. The OU should get updated.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
For performance reasons we are going through all cleanup options only once every 24 hours. This can't be changed. The only way of immediately triggering a new cleanup or refresh of AD account details would be restarting Lansweeper service.
Nixfaenger
Engaged Sweeper
ok, can i set the refresh time to less than 24 hours?
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
If that computer was scanned while it was in another OU, only the AD account details of that machine haven't been updated. Under Configuration\Server options, section Asset Cleanup Options, could you enable "Refresh active directory computer details (OU,description,... )". Afterwards restart Lansweeper service or just wait for 24 hours. The OU should get updated.
Nixfaenger
Engaged Sweeper
ok, but this does not work:

in our AD i have the OU:
OU=SATG_OU_LS_01,OU=Computers,OU=SATG,OU=Automation,OU=Schuler,DC=net,DC=schuler,DC=de

in this OU ist the PC "SATG333607"

what have i done:

i added a scheduled computer scanning on the OU "OU=Schuler,DC=net,DC=schuler,DC=de" and klicked "Scan now"
All Computers were scanned, but the OU "SATG_OU_LS_01" is invicible

then i added a scheduled computer scanning on the OU "OU=SATG_OU_LS_01,OU=Computers,OU=SATG,OU=Automation,OU=Schuler,DC=net,DC=schuler,DC=de" and klicked "Scan now"
The PC "SATG333607" has been scanned, but the OU "SATG_OU_LS_01" is invicible

then i moved to the PC and klicked "recan Asset"

The PC has been scanned, but the OU "SATG_OU_LS_01" is invicible

On the Summary Page of the PC at Last seen is 13/10/2015 14:42:42
and in the OU field: OU=PC, OU=Computers, OU=SATG, OU=Automation, OU=Schuler, DC=net, DC=schuler, DC=de

but the PC is since yesterday in th sub OU "SATG_OU_LS_01"

Regards, Stephan
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
If you would like to pick up all AD User accounts from your Active Directory, submit the ADSI path of your domain for scanning under Configuration\Scanning methods, section Domain User scanning. Details on how to use this scanning method can be found in this KB article. For AD Computer accounts, do the same with Scheduled computer scanning.

Be sure to have mapped a valid scanning credential to your domain under Configuration\Scanning credentials. Your Lansweeper server also needs to have port 389/TCP opened to at least one domain controller in order to scan Active Directory.