cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jwood_mls
Champion Sweeper
This may be an odd question, but is there anyway to do some sort of internal variable with Lansweeper?

Here's my use case:

I want to find all versions of a software package that are lower than say, version 10.5.2; however, I may want different reports using this number, so my use for a variable would be like $softwarecurrentversion = 10.5.2 so that I wouldn't have to enter it in multiple reports

I know, odd question, but I thought it was worth asking.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
jwood.mls wrote:
I want to find all versions of a software package that are lower than say, version 10.5.2; however, I may want different reports using this number, so my use for a variable would be like $softwarecurrentversion = 10.5.2 so that I wouldn't have to enter it in multiple reports

This would require storing that version number in your database. You would need to create a new table for your own purpose to which you could refer, or possible store this information in Asset custom fields. In your reports you could then refer to this field when defining filter criteria for tblSoftware.SoftwareVersion.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jwood_mls
Champion Sweeper
Thanks!
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
We recommend that you perform a database backup before doing that and we don't offer support for issues which result in the modification of the existing database structure. But adding a table shouldn't cause issues normally.
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
jwood.mls wrote:

This would require storing that version number in your database. You would need to create a new table for your own purpose to which you could refer, or possible store this information in Asset custom fields. In your reports you could then refer to this field when defining filter criteria for tblSoftware.SoftwareVersion.
Daniel.B wrote:
jwood.mls wrote:

Yeah that sounds like what I need to do. So there shouldnt' be an issue creating my own table and doing that then?
PeterJG
Champion Sweeper II
All the reports are SQL based you can use WHERE Clause see.. SQL Where CLAUSE URL

jwood.mls wrote:
This may be an odd question, but is there anyway to do some sort of internal variable with Lansweeper?

Here's my use case:

I know, odd question, but I thought it was worth asking.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now