cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jwood_mls
Champion Sweeper
Still continuing my pursuit of trialing here. I have a particular deployment setup that keeps failing with

Result: Deployment ended: The system cannot find the file specified. Stop(Failure). Credential: (mydomain\mycreds). ShareCredential: (lsshare).
Command: "\\lansweeper\DefaultPackageShare$\Installers\DigitalEditions\ADE_4.5_Installer.exe" /S

I have other deployments that work just fine. I can personally browse to this path that it says is not there. What are the recommended ways of troubleshooting why it would throw this error at me?

Thanks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
It seems that you need to change the user account which you configured under Deployment\Security options to access your package share. You have entered "lsshare" as username. We recommend testing a domain user (domain\username) or, if you are using a local user, entering it in the format .\username.

In general, the best way of troubleshooting deployment issues is logging on to the affected target computer under the user account you deployed the package under. If you were using the placeholder {PackageShare}, log on using the account which you configured for accessing your package share under Deployment\Security options.
Copy the command which failed and execute it in a command prompt on the target computer. This helps finding the cause of the issue.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jwood_mls
Champion Sweeper
the lsshare user is a domain user, but I will go ahead and change it to the format domain\lsshare to see if that helps. The problem has been somewhat random, which puzzled me. I'll make sure and use your suggestions for troubleshooting, should it happen again.
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
It seems that you need to change the user account which you configured under Deployment\Security options to access your package share. You have entered "lsshare" as username. We recommend testing a domain user (domain\username) or, if you are using a local user, entering it in the format .\username.

In general, the best way of troubleshooting deployment issues is logging on to the affected target computer under the user account you deployed the package under. If you were using the placeholder {PackageShare}, log on using the account which you configured for accessing your package share under Deployment\Security options.
Copy the command which failed and execute it in a command prompt on the target computer. This helps finding the cause of the issue.