cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
olipop
Engaged Sweeper II
I am adding administrators for the Lansweeper application, to be able to edit assets, etc. The account I add is a local admin on the server where Lansweeper is installed and also a domain admin. These accounts (people) don't see the Configuration tab nor the Edit Asset options.

I was thinking in the begining that this might be an AD replications issue, between LAnsweeper and AD but still no change in their permissions or what they are able to see and do.

Can you please tell me if there is something I ma missing or doing wrong and how to solve this?

Brgds,
Oliver P.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
This might be a typo in your settings under Configuration\Website access. We recommend that you review your settings there. Ensure that the user has been entered under all roles he should have access to. Afterwards let the user completely close his browser, start it again and open the web console.

If you could not resolve the issue, could you send a mail to support@lansweeper.com with the following:
  • link to this forum topic
  • screenshot of your setup under Configuration\Website access, section Website Role Based Access

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Just an FYI for everyone: what you submit under Configuration\User Pages has no impact on website access. This is a completely unrelated feature that allows you to find unauthorized administrators on your client machines. More information on this can be found here.
olipop
Engaged Sweeper II
Thanks you! This solved it. I didn't grnt the user access in the Website Access only in User Pages under Allowed administrator.

After adding them under Website access with the appropriate role it worked. Thanks!

Brgds, /Oliver
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
This might be a typo in your settings under Configuration\Website access. We recommend that you review your settings there. Ensure that the user has been entered under all roles he should have access to. Afterwards let the user completely close his browser, start it again and open the web console.

If you could not resolve the issue, could you send a mail to support@lansweeper.com with the following:
  • link to this forum topic
  • screenshot of your setup under Configuration\Website access, section Website Role Based Access
PeterJG
Champion Sweeper II
I think you can just use "BUILTIN\Administrators" and put him into local admin group if you want to do that way.