cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jwood_mls
Champion Sweeper
Hi there, I'm demoing Lansweeper now but should be buying shortly. I'd like to set it up the best way I could for my permanent setup.

The total number of assets I'm showing is close to 2000 with all of those being mixed between computers, monitors, printers, etc. I had a sql server available, so I put lansweeper on its own VM but pointed it to the sql server for its db.

I wasn't thinking when I set it up though, and didn't have IIS setup on the server when I installed, so I believe lansweeper installed on whatever it is called - IIS lite? Would I be better off long term to install IIS on the server and run it off of that, or am I in good shape as is? Any other suggestions that would be helpful for the long haul?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Using a VM is always the best according to our experience. If your asset number or the amount of data to be scanned changes, you can adapt its resources at a later time. SQL Server and a fast network connection between your scanning server and the database server should provide enough power for whatever you are planning to use Lansweeper.

There is no difference between IIS and IIS Express. If you don't have an IIS running already, you can safely use IIS Express (part of the default installation). DB server performance and network speed is more relevant.

General requirements for installing Lansweeper can be found in this KB article. Information about the network bandwidth Lansweeper uses during scanning can be found here.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Using a VM is always the best according to our experience. If your asset number or the amount of data to be scanned changes, you can adapt its resources at a later time. SQL Server and a fast network connection between your scanning server and the database server should provide enough power for whatever you are planning to use Lansweeper.

There is no difference between IIS and IIS Express. If you don't have an IIS running already, you can safely use IIS Express (part of the default installation). DB server performance and network speed is more relevant.

General requirements for installing Lansweeper can be found in this KB article. Information about the network bandwidth Lansweeper uses during scanning can be found here.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now