cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dpwcho122
Engaged Sweeper
Hello Lansweeper.
I purchased Lansweeper Pro and want to enable Windows Media Player through Lansweeper Deployment Tools.
Currently, Windows Media Player is off on Windows feature. I like to feature on through lansweeper.

We have 500 PC and I do not have manpower to go manually turn on the PC.

Currently we have Vista 32 and 64 bits and Windows 7 32 and 64bits.
No restriction on Domain Group Policy for media player. (it's enabled)

what script and steps do I have to use?

Thanks,
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
General instructions for creating deployment packages can be found here. We can't really provide support for creating specific packages however, as each (un)installation and configuration change is different and requires different deployment steps.

You'll need to do research online to see which steps and commands you require and then create a deployment package based on that information. I suspect you can run a simple dism command like the one below to enable Media Player, but this may require further research on your part.

dism /online /enable-feature /FeatureName:WindowsMediaPlayer

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
General instructions for creating deployment packages can be found here. We can't really provide support for creating specific packages however, as each (un)installation and configuration change is different and requires different deployment steps.

You'll need to do research online to see which steps and commands you require and then create a deployment package based on that information. I suspect you can run a simple dism command like the one below to enable Media Player, but this may require further research on your part.

dism /online /enable-feature /FeatureName:WindowsMediaPlayer