cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jprateragg
Champion Sweeper

I'm using the Chrome extension and it appears to be working just fine. One small bug though. If you create an action item and the file doesn't exist, the Chrome extension just crashes with an ugly error message:

I think it would be better to simply display an error message along the lines of "The file/command "somefile.exe" cannot be found". I'm using Lansweeper 5313. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
FYI for everyone: the Chrome extension has now been updated to address this issue. You can remove the old extension by browsing to chrome://extensions/ and install the new one by clicking on an asset action and following the on-screen instructions.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
jprateragg
Champion Sweeper
Is the Lansweeper extension supposed to be in the Chrome store? If so, I can't find it. Thanks.
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Browser extensions can't automatically be installed. The old NPAPI plugins will completely be disabled by Chrome in a short time. You can download the latest plugin from Chrome store. This is due to the change in the security policy of Google Chrome. If you are still using the old plugin, Chrome will automatically warn you with a yellow bar at the top of the browser window.
jprateragg
Champion Sweeper
Will the extension ever be able to update itself? If not, could you display something in Lansweeper (maybe a small bar across the top) saying the Chrome extension is out of date?
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
FYI for everyone: the Chrome extension has now been updated to address this issue. You can remove the old extension by browsing to chrome://extensions/ and install the new one by clicking on an asset action and following the on-screen instructions.
Bert_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
It seems there is indeed a small issue.

Please send a mail to support@lansweeper.com and I'll supply you with a temporary fix.
danielm
Champion Sweeper II
You dont want that exactly , as, sometimes youneed to pass NO variables to open the command to do a manual options. Mainly I do this to set/change the default settings for future connections. It should just accept no parameters
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
I'm able to reproduce this behavior. I've notified development to get this fixed asap. Thanks for reporting!