cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
markharry
Engaged Sweeper III
I have changed Custom field 1 to be MS Project with a Yes/No check box. I have gone through and set the checkbox to Yes for all Assets that are allowed to have Project installed. I have then created a Dynamic group that shows me all assets that actually have Project installed. What I want is to be able to have the Custom Field "MS Project" column show up in the Dynamic Group screen so I can easily see which assets shouldn't have Project installed.

Is there a way to do this ?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
The following report lists only computers having Microsoft Project installed. Hopefully this meets your needs more.

Select Top 1000000 tblAssets.AssetID,
tblAssets.AssetName,
tblAssets.Username,
tblAssets.Userdomain,
tblAssets.Lastseen,
Case When tblAssetCustom.Custom1 = 'yes' Then 'yes' Else 'no'
End As [MS Project install allowed]
From tblAssets
Inner Join tblAssetCustom On tblAssets.AssetID = tblAssetCustom.AssetID
Where tblAssetCustom.State = 1 And tblAssetCustom.AssetID In (Select
tblSoftware.AssetID
From tblSoftware Inner Join tblSoftwareUni On tblSoftware.softID =
tblSoftwareUni.SoftID
Where tblSoftwareUni.softwareName Like 'Microsoft project %')
Order By tblAssets.AssetName

Dynamic asset groups have the same functionality as custom reports, but they are not as flexible. Otherwise the interface would be too complex.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
markharry
Engaged Sweeper III
Thanks Daniel for your help.

I still think the Dynamic groups would be better if they showed all the fields that are against an Asset, just like the Asset view has.
What would be really cool is if all columns were available and then you could hide columns you don't want - that would be awesome ! :-).
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
The following report lists only computers having Microsoft Project installed. Hopefully this meets your needs more.

tblAssets.AssetName,
tblAssets.Username,
tblAssets.Userdomain,
tblAssets.Lastseen,
From tblAssets
Where tblAssetCustom.State = 1 And tblAssetCustom.AssetID In (Select
tblSoftware.AssetID
From tblSoftware Inner Join tblSoftwareUni On tblSoftware.softID =
tblSoftwareUni.SoftID
Where tblSoftwareUni.softwareName Like 'Microsoft project %')

Dynamic asset groups have the same functionality as custom reports, but they are not as flexible. Otherwise the interface would be too complex.
markharry
Engaged Sweeper III
Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your help here but it has not solved my problem. The SQL you suggested just lists all machines scanned and has the Project custom field as Yes or No. This is no different to the stand assets screen.

The great thing about the Dynamic Groups is that you can get the right data without having to know any SQL. The frustration is that it does not show all the fields that the default Assets screen shows.

Thanks,
Mark.
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Modifying web console pages such as dynamic group asset lists is not currently supported. You might better reach your goal by creating a custom report. Please find an example report below.
Instructions for running reports can be found here. If you are interested in building or modifying reports, we would recommend:
- Reviewing some SQL tutorials, as the Lansweeper report builder uses standard SQL queries. This seems like a good tutorial.
- Updating to Lansweeper 5.3, if you haven't already. Lansweeper 5.3 includes a database dictionary, which is linked at the top of the report builder.

tblAssets.AssetName,
tblAssets.Username,
tblAssets.Userdomain,
tblAssets.Lastseen,
From tblAssets
Where tblAssetCustom.State = 1 And tblAssets.Assettype = -1