cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DaveinJP
Engaged Sweeper III
I'm hoping to make use of Lansweeper somehow to verify integrity of key files across my enterprise. Verifying integrity via MD5 or SHA1 is the best bang for the buck that I can currently see.

What I am looking for is either a package that I can use with software deployments or an configurable list of files to scan and monitor for their current MD5 or SHA1 hashes, much like custom registry or file audits currently works. I want to be able to give them a criteria per file and flag files when they no longer fit that criteria of "known-good".

If not today, please add this to he list of potential improvements for Lansweeper.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Lansweeper does not currently calculate hash values of files. We try reducing the load on the network and client computers as much as possible. However, We might add it as feature at a later time. If you have a VBS or BAT script which calculates the MD5 checksum (i.e. through Microsoft's FCIV), you could deploy it to computers in your network and collect the results after the calculation.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
DaveinJP
Engaged Sweeper III
...and I can get it into lansweeper by having the script write the value to the registry somewhere. From there, custom registry key auditing will allow me to use Lansweeper to keep track of it all.

thank you!!!!
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Lansweeper does not currently calculate hash values of files. We try reducing the load on the network and client computers as much as possible. However, We might add it as feature at a later time. If you have a VBS or BAT script which calculates the MD5 checksum (i.e. through Microsoft's FCIV), you could deploy it to computers in your network and collect the results after the calculation.

Its now 2023, any update to this please? Does lansweeper now have the functionality to check MD5?