cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gnohs
Engaged Sweeper III
Is there a way to turn off the scanning of monitors? I do not need this information and when i remove them they keep coming back up.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gnohs
Engaged Sweeper III
My Apologies I found the section where to do this:

Configuration > Scanning Methods > Assettype Exclusions

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
emarroyo
Engaged Sweeper III
Thanks Susan! Initially when I turned off scanning for monitors when I hit the manual rescan it would revert back to the Lansweeper generated information. I kicked everyone out of Lansweeper and now its functioning as I intended where I am entering our Service tag number for serial number and Asset tag# and they are now staying in place. I alos love the feature that entering the servide tag number generates the Dell express service code as we need that on support calls to dell at times. #Salute!!!
emarroyo
Engaged Sweeper III
This helped me find a temp resolution, but it did not hold/work on a manual press of Rescan? does this need to be set with all out of the system or some sort of replication?

We track monitors and when we select our own in relationship via the Asset, pressing rescan blows it out and it diverts back to the Built in Serial Number Lansweeper creates DEL XXXXXXXXX
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
emarroyo wrote:
This helped me find a temp resolution, but it did not hold/work on a manual press of Rescan? does this need to be set with all out of the system or some sort of replication?

We track monitors and when we select our own in relationship via the Asset, pressing rescan blows it out and it diverts back to the Built in Serial Number Lansweeper creates DEL XXXXXXXXX

It's not clear to me what you are doing, but you should either:
  • Disable scanning of the monitor asset type under Configuration\Scanning Methods and only use manually created monitor assets, which you manually link to the correct computers.
  • Let Lansweeper scan the monitors and not manually create monitor assets. You can edit the scanned monitors if you like, but leave the manufacturer and serial values as they are. Otherwise, the monitors will be duplicated upon rescanning. Manufacturers and serials are used to compose the internal monitor IDs. See this forum thread as well.
gnohs
Engaged Sweeper III
My Apologies I found the section where to do this:

Configuration > Scanning Methods > Assettype Exclusions