cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rwyarger
Engaged Sweeper II
Hello -

We have a set of reports that we are wanting to use to import into a custom database that we are going to use for Asset Tracking (it's very rudimentary, but it works for our need).

Is there any way that I can simply save my reports from any command line options that come with Lansweeper? If not - is it possible for me to somehow automate the reports to run, and then save themselves into the Excel option on a share of my choosing, or even to one of the local drives of the server it is on?

Thank you,
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Running a report does not trigger a scan of the machines contained within the report. A report only queries what is already in your database. The information stored in your database will only be up-to-date if your machines have recently and successfully been scanned.

Scans are set up through the Lansweeper web console or triggered from your client machines with the LsPush scanning agent. If you are trying to scan machines in specific reports on a scheduled basis, you could do so with Asset Collection Scanning.

Lansweeper 6.0 will allow you to have report results automatically copied to a folder by the way. We're currently in the final stages of internal alpha testing for 6.0. If you haven't already, contact support@lansweeper.com to be added to our list of beta testers. You'll be notified via email as soon as the beta becomes available.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
rwyarger
Engaged Sweeper II
Susan, thank you for this information. I will attempt to see if I can somehow automate my process to utilize this, and I will message you our contact info for the 6.0 Beta testing.
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Running a report does not trigger a scan of the machines contained within the report. A report only queries what is already in your database. The information stored in your database will only be up-to-date if your machines have recently and successfully been scanned.

Scans are set up through the Lansweeper web console or triggered from your client machines with the LsPush scanning agent. If you are trying to scan machines in specific reports on a scheduled basis, you could do so with Asset Collection Scanning.

Lansweeper 6.0 will allow you to have report results automatically copied to a folder by the way. We're currently in the final stages of internal alpha testing for 6.0. If you haven't already, contact support@lansweeper.com to be added to our list of beta testers. You'll be notified via email as soon as the beta becomes available.
rwyarger
Engaged Sweeper II
Actually - I think I found a better way, but now I need to know something different.

The TSQL is shown for what is grabbing the data to generate a report. What I need to know now is what the command is to perform a scan for that report.

Is there a command line equivalent for scanning the assets of your report (specific to your report) before generating a result set?
TJa
Engaged Sweeper
Hi,

maybe You could use automation under "Configuration"->"Email Alerts" . You can create scheduled action to generate report and send it as attachment (xls file)

regards
--
Tomasz
rwyarger
Engaged Sweeper II
TJa wrote:
Hi,

maybe You could use automation under "Configuration"->"Email Alerts" . You can create scheduled action to generate report and send it as attachment (xls file)

regards
--
Tomasz

I've done some testing with this today, and it does appear that as changes happen that my report brings data back for - it is updating the tables automatically (without the need for scanning) in the database. If that is true - and works that way for the 3 reports I need to run, then I may not need to scan each time before running the report.

Can anyone confirm this? If you need more specifics (e.g. see the TSQL of the reports I am running to determine the truth of this assumption), please let me know.

Better yet - I have the queries attached.

Thank you