cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TJa
Engaged Sweeper
Hi,

I'd like to ask if there is a way to pin OEM license to single workstation (make permanent relation)?

My "problem" is that I have some MS Office 2003/2010 BOX licenses and some MS Office 2003/2010 OEM licenses that were bought with computers and can't be moved. Some of workstations with OEM Office were reinstalled to act as linux computing nodes (so no msoffice is installed/needed) and from "Software license compliance" report view we have some Office licenses free and ready to use but... those licenses are locked/bundled and unusable.

Any ideas how to fix this issue?

Best Regards
--
Tomasz
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
It is not currently possible to link specific licenses to specific machines within the license compliance modules. This feature will be added in a future release, but we do not have a release date for it at this time.

What the compliance modules do at the moment is:
  • Look at how many licenses you've indicated you've purchased of a specific software.
  • Look at how many installations of that software were detected in your network.
  • Based on this comparison, determine how many licenses are missing or not in use.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
It is not currently possible to link specific licenses to specific machines within the license compliance modules. This feature will be added in a future release, but we do not have a release date for it at this time.

What the compliance modules do at the moment is:
  • Look at how many licenses you've indicated you've purchased of a specific software.
  • Look at how many installations of that software were detected in your network.
  • Based on this comparison, determine how many licenses are missing or not in use.