cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KGranger
Engaged Sweeper
We see this happening mostly with 'older' Acer monitors but I'm not sure if it's restricted to those. I can scan, for example, computer name AL1575 and it picks up a connected monitor ACR LXKAA0034207; the monitor is not actually connected to this computer. I then scan computer CC0244 (to which it IS connected) and it picks up the same monitor. When I then go back and look at AL1575, the monitor no longer appears in the relationships; when I rescan AL1575, lo and behold the monitor shows back there, and it's gone from CC0244. These Acers do not show the full serial number and I understand why that is, but I need to figure out why the monitors keep 'moving' from one computer to another; more importantly, I need to find out if there is a solution. We are trying to use LANSweeper as our point of truth for our inventory of desktops, laptops, monitors, etc., but this is causing us problems.

I have edited the monitor in question to change the name, and to include the entire serial number, but that does not seem to help. Any ideas, anyone?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
We have not yet received the output of the other monitor tool, so we'll consider this resolved for now.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
We have not yet received the output of the other monitor tool, so we'll consider this resolved for now.
KGranger
Engaged Sweeper
Thanks, Daniel; I will be able to do this in the morning (Thursday, 7/9).
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
The serial number which was scanned from WMI likely doesn't match the "real" serial number which you can read on a sticker on the monitor. We sent a mail to you with a request to check this with another tool. In many cases we can correct it in Lansweeper after having the required data.
KGranger
Engaged Sweeper
Update, not sure it matters but...

I just scanned a third computer (all three of these computers are in different buildings) and the scan returned the same monitor. I deleted the monitor from the database and rescanned the machine and it picked up the same monitor with the same Unique ID. Please say there's something going on that we can fix?
KGranger
Engaged Sweeper
Thanks, Daniel, I've done that this morning. Hopefully somebody can give me a workaround on this.
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
KGranger wrote:
These Acers do not show the full serial number [...]

This is the cause of the issue. Lansweeper uniquely identifies monitors by their serial number. Some monitor drivers don't correctly write it into WMI, so Lansweeper scans the same serial number from two different monitors.

Could you write a mail to support@lansweeper.com with the following
  • Link to this forum topic
  • the error message as present on your Lansweeper server under Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service
  • screenshot of the monitor's asset page