cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
novasam
Engaged Sweeper III
Back at the beginning of May, we created a scheduled package to reboot all workstations on our network to ensure that a particular software was installed properly. This worked perfectly. Fast forward to today, and probably one Lansweeper update later.

The old scheduled reboot appears to still be there. At about 5pm I setup a schedule to reboot a specific server for tonight, and before I could complete I started getting reports that workstations are rebooting. I had not deployed any packages manually and according to the schedule everything still looked like it had not been triggered, but on a hunch I checked the Deployment Logs in Lansweeper and sure enough the reboot package was being deployed to all workstations.

Not realizing what was happening I opened the scheduler to ensure that the schedule had not been deployed, and even disabled the one-time task. Guess what, computers started to reboot again "During Business hours." So we pulled the virtual Network Card until we can figure out what is going on with our lansweeper serve, and why visiting the Deployment Scheduler page is kicking off this old job, even though according to the page the last time it kicked off was at the beginning of may.

Looks like bug that needs to be squashed, just wondering if anyone else has noticed the same issue?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
novasam
Engaged Sweeper III
Was able to confirm that this is a known bug that should be fixed soon in the next update. If you run into a serious issue, I recommend not using the package scehduler until after the update.

5.3.0.8 <- or older has the bug, so avoid making scheduled deployments

5.3.0.10 or new should have the fix

In order to resolve the issue with deployments going out without being planned, could you execute the following code under Configuration\Database scripts, section Database scripts. This removes all deployment schedules.

Delete From tsysPackageSchedule
GO
Delete From tsysPackageScheduleAsset
GO

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
novasam
Engaged Sweeper III
Was able to confirm that this is a known bug that should be fixed soon in the next update. If you run into a serious issue, I recommend not using the package scehduler until after the update.

5.3.0.8 <- or older has the bug, so avoid making scheduled deployments

5.3.0.10 or new should have the fix

In order to resolve the issue with deployments going out without being planned, could you execute the following code under Configuration\Database scripts, section Database scripts. This removes all deployment schedules.

Delete From tsysPackageSchedule
GO
Delete From tsysPackageScheduleAsset
GO