cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DaveinJP
Engaged Sweeper III
I'm interested in how one would go about adding a 2nd instance of the Lansweeper Service and having it point to a 2nd LS database on another server. I have both a production and Lab environment and would like to scale back the amount of servers in use by increasing the hosted LS Scanner services to two, one for each database, on a number of servers.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Someone did post a workaround for this, but I believe we deleted the post. The workaround involved a lot of manual fiddling, in the registry as well. We didn't want to encourage customers to try this solution, as they could easily cause issues with their Lansweeper installation, not to mention their server itself.

Setting up multiple Lansweeper services on the same machine is not officially supported at this point. We can't provide instructions for this.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Someone did post a workaround for this, but I believe we deleted the post. The workaround involved a lot of manual fiddling, in the registry as well. We didn't want to encourage customers to try this solution, as they could easily cause issues with their Lansweeper installation, not to mention their server itself.

Setting up multiple Lansweeper services on the same machine is not officially supported at this point. We can't provide instructions for this.
DaveinJP
Engaged Sweeper III
Hmm, could have sworn someone here had posted that they had it in use. Oh well, thanks.
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Installing two instances of Lansweeper service on the same machine is not supported.