cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikesecond
Engaged Sweeper II
Deploying a package to over 100 users and getting this on some of the deployments:

Deployment ended: User cancelled installation

Deployment is running as scanning credentials which has admin access to all machines.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
We recommend manually testing your deployment steps on an example target machine. In many cases this helps you to see the reason for a failed deployment (i.e. interaction was required). However, such an issue as described by ict-user might be more difficult to identify. @ict-user: Thanks for the post.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Possibly there is an issue on the 10 machines which influences the installer and closes it down. We recommend manually testing the deployment step under the user account you are deploying under.
mikesecond
Engaged Sweeper II
I'm running the package on about 100 machines.

It only gives that error on about 10 of them. The package does not require user interaction.
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
We recommend manually testing your deployment steps on an example target machine. In many cases this helps you to see the reason for a failed deployment (i.e. interaction was required). However, such an issue as described by ict-user might be more difficult to identify. @ict-user: Thanks for the post.
ict-user
Engaged Sweeper III
Scanning Credentials Result: Deployment ended: User cancelled installation. Stop(Failure).

The response depends on the MSI distributer.

We used a Adobe MSI to deploy Acrobat Reader DC.

The MSI from Adobe Reader DC responses with 'User cancelled installation.' when there where open pdf files in Adobe Reader X. (Also Preview panes)

When we killed all adobe tasks on the client the deploy succeeded.

See also: http://www.adminarsenal.com/admin-arsenal-blog/Adobe-Reader-X-error-1602-and-why-we-keep-our-users-in-the-dark