cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sullivane
Champion Sweeper III
If you go to http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/warrantylookup you can check the warranty on Lenovo devices. Chromebooks for me, but I assume others.

I was hoping to add support link in asset pages to scan these, but the URL doesn't change, it appears to be java script or something in the box that just runs it.

Hoping someone at LanSweeper can find a URL to add to the support links. Use can use SN LR031YAT for testing

Thanks!!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Automatic warranty lookup is hardcoded into Lansweeper. The configuration you are referring to is for serial number links on the asset pages. We recommend that you

• If you haven't already, update to the latest Lansweeper release.
  • Verify that the serial number of your assets has been successfully scanned or yuo have entered it manually
  • Under Configuration\Server options, section Warranty tracking, initiate a new warranty scan

If this doesn't help to fix the issue, could you send a mail to support@lansweeper.com with a screenshot of an example computer's asset page, tab Summary.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
If you entered a support link under Configuration\Asset pages, section Asset Manufacturer support links, assets from the manufacturer you entered will have a link on their serial number (if it was scanned or entered) to the support page provided. This is not the same as warranty lookup. We use other links for warranty lookup. Supported manufacturers are Lenovo, Dell, IBM, Fujitsu, Toshiba, HP. Please ensure that you are on the latest Lansweeper version.
sullivane
Champion Sweeper III
So under Asset Pages on the bottom is the warranty scanning URLs for vendors.

If it's hard coded what does "Add Manufacturer support link" do? To me, its to add a vendor not listed. Lenovo is not listed.
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Automatic warranty lookup is hardcoded into Lansweeper. The configuration you are referring to is for serial number links on the asset pages. We recommend that you

• If you haven't already, update to the latest Lansweeper release.
  • Verify that the serial number of your assets has been successfully scanned or yuo have entered it manually
  • Under Configuration\Server options, section Warranty tracking, initiate a new warranty scan

If this doesn't help to fix the issue, could you send a mail to support@lansweeper.com with a screenshot of an example computer's asset page, tab Summary.