cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ghelpdesk
Champion Sweeper
Since the recent update disabled all but MS/Adobe product key scanning (unless I've missed a button somewhere) the process of re-enabling the major of the product keys for scanning is a bit long 😐

But whilst I've slowly ticked each row, I've noted a number of game software that I'm skipping because we are only interested in business/productivity software packages. Perhaps an update could provide categories and the option to enable/disable whole categories?

BTW - Does Lansweeper only scan for product keys if the software has been detected as installed? The advice that all but MS/Adobe was disabled gave an indication that this was not the case.

Thanks,
Travers
2 REPLIES 2
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
FYI:
  • This knowledge base article provides more information on the difference between software installations and software license keys. From a Lansweeper point of view, these two things are completely unrelated.
  • You can run a script on the database table that stores your key scanning configuration (tsysserials) to re-enable scanning of all keys. See sample script below. Scripts can be run under Configuration\Scanning Setup\Database Scripts.
    update tsysserials set enabled = 1
Michael_V
Champion Sweeper III
BTW - Does Lansweeper only scan for product keys if the software has been detected as installed? The advice that all but MS/Adobe was disabled gave an indication that this was not the case.

Lansweeper scans all enabled keys, even if the software is not installed.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now