cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ja3hawk
Engaged Sweeper
So I have a cisco switch that has several Shoretel IP phones connected to the switch ports. Lansweeper created automatic relationships between the Shoretel Phone asset and the Cisco switch they are plugged into. This was great because by default the Shoretel phones cannot be scanned and do not support SNMP. The switch knows the mac address of the Shoretel phones and knows the mac belongs to Shoretel.

So I have some switches where the automatic creation of the shoretel asset and relations is not taking place and I want to know how to force this to happen. Why would it do this automagically on one switch but not the other?

I took some screenshots if necessary. The shoretel devices start with 00:10:49 on the mac address field. Let me know if guys need more clarification.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
In order to display an asset page instead of only a MAC address connected to a switch, the assets must have been scanned. If that is the case, Lansweeper creates a link to the connected asset's asset page. Pre-requisites for scanning of network devices can be found here (not only SNMP is being used, but other protocols as well, i.e. SIP). Perform a test with Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Actions\devicetester.exe to the IP address of one of the phones which are not being displayed. If the test is successful and some data is being returned, review your setup under Configuration\Scanning methods, section IP Address Range scanning in order to ensure that these phones are being scanned by Lansweeper.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
In order to display an asset page instead of only a MAC address connected to a switch, the assets must have been scanned. If that is the case, Lansweeper creates a link to the connected asset's asset page. Pre-requisites for scanning of network devices can be found here (not only SNMP is being used, but other protocols as well, i.e. SIP). Perform a test with Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Actions\devicetester.exe to the IP address of one of the phones which are not being displayed. If the test is successful and some data is being returned, review your setup under Configuration\Scanning methods, section IP Address Range scanning in order to ensure that these phones are being scanned by Lansweeper.