cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrVal
Engaged Sweeper III
So far this effects Polycom VSX 7000 and HDX 7000 HD cameras. I have not fully tested every model so there could be others. Some such as the QDX 6000 are scanned and recorded in lansweeper perfectly.

I've found that I can scan them with the devicetester without any problems. But the automated IP range scanning never catches them. I then manually added one asset, but after its added if I rescan the asset, it is deleted almost instantly. So devicetester can scan it, but lansweeper refuses to store and info on it.

Any ideas?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Have a look at this forum topic. I would recommend sending the information requested in that topic to support@lansweeper.com. (Jdteichmer's problem devices were switches, but the debugger should work for any devices scanned through SNMP.)

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
MrVal
Engaged Sweeper III
Thanks! Thats what I figured.

Lansweeper support is great!!
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
In order to remove a certain MAC address, run a script like

DELETE FROM tsysMacBlacklist WHERE Mac LIKE '01:12:23:34:45:56'
GO
UPDATE tsysupdate SET MacBlacklist = GETDATE()

or

DELETE FROM tsysMacBlacklist WHERE Comment LIKE 'YourComment%'
GO
UPDATE tsysupdate SET MacBlacklist = GETDATE()

under Configuration\Database scripts, section Database scripts.
MrVal
Engaged Sweeper III
Can you confirm what the SQL script would be to UN-blacklist a MAC? I may have gone a tad to far and blacklisted to many MACs.
Thanks,

Just so everyone knows.

The loopback (pseudo ethernet) MAC for the Polycom VSX 7000 cameras is 4C:50:42:41:43:4B

The loopback (pseudo ethernet) MAC for the Polycom HDX 7000 cameras is 9A:64:2F:98:DD:38

Those are the only two I needed to blacklist.
MrVal
Engaged Sweeper III
That was it!! Thank you! I doubt I would have caught that.

I found that these Polycom cameras have 2 MAC's when scanned with the Devicetester. And one of those MACs is duplicated. Probably the onboard network port for attaching a PC.

I plugged this MAC into the SQL script from that post and it cleared up the problem!!

Thanks again!!
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Have a look at this forum topic. I would recommend sending the information requested in that topic to support@lansweeper.com. (Jdteichmer's problem devices were switches, but the debugger should work for any devices scanned through SNMP.)

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now