cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
it_support2
Engaged Sweeper
We are currently trialing lansweeper with the free remote control tool, we have installed lsremote and use this fine but when selecting and expanding menus from start the menu are not appearing correctly.
The same also happens when right clicking the start toolbar menu etc.
We are running this on a Windows 7 PC and connecting via 1GB LAN so performance isn't the issue.
We have researched similar problems and people have suggested turning off aero etc but we cannot find any settings menu or ini file to do this through lsremote.
Has anyone got any suggestions or could advise if there is a configurable file that can be edited to resolve this.

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
dkhilo
Engaged Sweeper III
I attempted to change the settings while logged into the server and the settings changed there were not reflected on the workstation.

I agree with others that this seems to be a user level setting, so this needs to be done on all machines the user will use.

This is what worked for me:

1. run \\{servername}\lansweeper$\lsremote.exe
2. click on the options button
3. change the options to the settings you want as default
4. click on the options button to close the options section
5. close lsremote(click on x in top right corner)

If I closed lsremote without clicking on the options button a second time, it would not save my settings.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
dkhilo
Engaged Sweeper III
I attempted to change the settings while logged into the server and the settings changed there were not reflected on the workstation.

I agree with others that this seems to be a user level setting, so this needs to be done on all machines the user will use.

This is what worked for me:

1. run \\{servername}\lansweeper$\lsremote.exe
2. click on the options button
3. change the options to the settings you want as default
4. click on the options button to close the options section
5. close lsremote(click on x in top right corner)

If I closed lsremote without clicking on the options button a second time, it would not save my settings.
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
FYI: you can edit these settings by running the lsremote executable directly (e.g. from the Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Actions folder on your Lansweeper server) and hitting the Options button. Editing the registry should not be necessary. If you run the executable directly, change your settings and then connect to a machine, your changes should be saved for any future connections.
satxx
Engaged Sweeper II
We had the same problem but fixed it with a few registry keys under HKEY_CURRENT_USER - Software - Lansweeper - remotecontrol

Following keys are REG_DWORDS

TurboMode = 1
RemoveAero = 1
PoolWindowUnderCursor = 1
PoolOnEventOnly = 0
PoolFullScreen = 0
PoolForegraundWindow = 1
PoolConsoleWindowOnly = 0

There are more but these are the ones that fixed the updating/refresh issues for us. Hope it helps 🙂

Cheers
it_support2
Engaged Sweeper
Unfortunately we have tried this and it does not resolve the problem.
If refresh is pressed half the menus still look to be cut off??
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
This is related to uVNC on which the remote control is based. Hitting the refresh screen button should help to get the remote screen updated in case menus are not displaying correctly.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now