cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mterry
Engaged Sweeper
Running a deployment where i push some config changes.

Upon success i want it to write to a file on a file share to be easily sorted to determine if a computer has received that package or not. I understand lansweeper can tell me if it has been successful, as well as each object retains an audit log of deployments. This is really for a quick search method for a non Lansweeper user.

Here is what i have tried..

fsutil file createnew "\\UNCPATH\TOAFOLDER\%computername%.txt" 1000

I have also tried

ECHO DONE >> "\\UNCPATH\TOAFOLDER\%computername%.txt"

Both work via CMD prompt. Just not via deployment.

Result: Deployment ended: Incorrect function. Stop(Failure)

Any insight is helpful.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
mterry wrote:
Can you successfully do echo to a remote unc path for output via lansweeper?

Yes, we can. Possibly you need to verify the file share path or the access of your scanning credentials on that Share (assuming that you are deploying under Scanning credentials).

We recommend that you copy the command which failed out of your deployment package step, then log on to an example target machine under the username which you used as deployment credentials (i.e. your Scanning credentials in case you deployed under those), and paste the command into a command prompt. This should help you to see the reason for the error message.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
mterry
Engaged Sweeper
Using DA credentials. So Creds have rights to that box, and full file share. Yes, im sure thats the command. The Error states the command after the error. Didn't want to post the exact info as it has full path and Account names.

I tried something similar to the echo as well.

I created an alternative solution but didn't provide the easy to read success/failure logs.

Would really like it to do a

Step: Failure : Echo %computername% >> \\uncpath\folder\Success.txt

Step : Success :Echo %computername% >> \\uncpath\folder\Failure.txt

Then go look at the Txt files to check...

This Fails for me..

create a step with this code
###############################################################################################
Echo %computername% >> "\\Server\ShareName\Folder Name\Public\Public\Success.txt"
###############################################################################################
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
mterry wrote:

Yes, we can. Possibly you need to verify the file share path or the access of your scanning credentials on that Share (assuming that you are deploying under Scanning credentials).

We recommend that you copy the command which failed out of your deployment package step, then log on to an example target machine under the username which you used as deployment credentials (i.e. your Scanning credentials in case you deployed under those), and paste the command into a command prompt. This should help you to see the reason for the error message.

Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Under which credentials did you deploy the package? Are you sure the error message is referring to the step in which you executed the commend? We could successfully use a command like

echo Test %date%_%time% >> "\\hostname\sharename$\folder\%computername%.txt"

in a command step.