cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Darkatoms
Engaged Sweeper
Hi

I am looking for a way to link Link Software licence to Software Asset. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Not sure I understand what you are asking. Linking software installations and software license keys is not possible, if this is what you're asking, as these two things have nothing to do with each other.

If you are referring to manually linking licenses to assets: there is no built-in functionality for this. This feature is on our customer wish list, but we do not have a release date for it. You could perhaps create assets for your licenses and then link those assets to your computers.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
If the license keys you're after are stored in the registry, you should be able to scan them by the way. This knowledge base article provides more information on how Lansweeper retrieves license keys.

Keep in mind that you should not use license keys to report on software installations. Keys and installations have nothing to do with each other. This article provides information on the distinction between the two.
Darkatoms
Engaged Sweeper
If you are referring to manually linking licenses to assets: there is no built-in functionality for this. This feature is on our customer wish list, but we do not have a release date for it. You could perhaps create assets for your licenses and then link those assets to your computers.

This is what I was after. Creating asset for Licences does not work when you try and audit. And you have to do double entry and add the software in to the asset and the licence to be able to track and audit software.

We will wait for the update.

Thanks
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Not sure I understand what you are asking. Linking software installations and software license keys is not possible, if this is what you're asking, as these two things have nothing to do with each other.