cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
malbanese1
Engaged Sweeper II
I am just starting to use the licensing module so forgive me if i ask the obvious.

When we purchase a license for Microsoft SQL our vendor issues us the most current version but we install a lower version for various reasons

So I have a license for SQL Standard 2014 that I want to add under the New License page but I don't have SQL 2014 in the table because it isn't installed anywhere. I enter it manually but the Add button is still greyed out.

I did add the document and comments to the server asset but that doesn't address the tracking issue

We are running version 5242
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Software licenses can currently only be added for software which was already scanned on your network. For the moment we recommend installing the software for which you would like to enter the license and scanning the computer on which it was installed.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Software licenses can currently only be added for software which was already scanned on your network. For the moment we recommend installing the software for which you would like to enter the license and scanning the computer on which it was installed.