cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
servicedesk
Champion Sweeper II
Hi team

I "wish" a Scripts tab to place my custom scripts an run them like actions/advanced actions.

This tab would be at the same level as the tabs: Dashboard, Assets, Reports,.. to be able to hide it using the Website Role Based Access.

It may look similar to the Reports page and have a field where you can read a description.

Regards / thanks
4 REPLIES 4
servicedesk
Champion Sweeper II
Good to know about this upcoming report feature, the idea of a scripts tab would make the tool more versatile at least for me.

Batch Scanning feature is very hidden, would be great have a way to trigger a scan when doesn't appear at the search box, like "click here to rescan this specific IP or Asset".

Many thanks
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Added to the wish list, but this is unlikely to be implemented to be honest. I don't recall any previous requests similar to this.

You can use email alerts to have reports sent to you. In a future release, it will also be possible to have reports automatically copied to a folder. To detect computers more or less in real time, you can use Active Scanning and/or LsPush in a logon script. You can also use Batch Scanning to quickly and instantly trigger a scan.
servicedesk
Champion Sweeper II
I mean, would be great to had a "Scripts page" where you can call indepent scripts, like actions. The idea is have a page to publish some kind of authorized scripts, and may be.. a way to slim down actions from the asset page.

Independent script examples:

Script that interacts with Lansweeper downloading a report with hostnames and his last logged on user, then determines user's profile path, then does something.

Script to install something like VNC, that also let you type the IP address or hostname. In certain situations a computer will not appear in Lansweeper instantly like a computer just connected via VPN client.

As far as I know.. Lansweeper can't do this tasks at the moment, at least as fast as the script does it.

Many thanks

Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Not sure what the purpose of this tab would be. You can only run actions from individual asset pages anyway. Displaying them in an asset or other type of overview doesn't seem useful, as you would have to access individual asset pages to run them anyway.

If you are simply asking how you can implement your own scripts as actions: you can do so under Configuration\Website Management\Asset Pages. You'll need to add any scripts, executables or other tools referenced in the actions to the Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Actions folder on your Lansweeper server as well.