cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KGranger
Engaged Sweeper
We just purchased roughly 80 monitors and we need to be deliberate about how we deploy them. Some will be used on Macs, and some on Windows machines. My thought was for my team to set them up in our prep room, attach asset tags, connect them to a Windows machine, then scan that machine to get the monitor record created in LANSweeper. (The monitors do not appear when connected to a Mac.) Once the record has been created I want them to enter the asset tag number into the Barcode field, enter the building, and some other information. My expectation was that the manually entered data would remain in the record when we then deploy the monitor and it gets attached to a different computer. It doesn't. All of the manually entered data disappears when the new computer is scanned.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
I recommend having a look at this forum topic. You are using an old Lansweeper release (5.2.0.24) that is changing the internal monitor IDs upon editing. Updating, deleting the monitor assets, rescanning and manually adding the data again should resolve the issue.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
I recommend having a look at this forum topic. You are using an old Lansweeper release (5.2.0.24) that is changing the internal monitor IDs upon editing. Updating, deleting the monitor assets, rescanning and manually adding the data again should resolve the issue.
KGranger
Engaged Sweeper
I just searched for the barcode I entered and found that there are four records, each containing different combinations of the data I entered manually. What is the best way to do what I am trying to do? Any suggestions would be appreciated!