cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
crashff
Champion Sweeper
I would love the possibility to add filter options to the dynamic asset group based on expanded filter options, or at least have the ability to assign assets to a manual group based on a database value. (I'm sure there's an sql command I could run for this, but my grasp of SQL is failing me miserably)

Currently, The dynamic group for laptops does not detect all of our laptops that are in the database, but I realized that if I could use the value for Win32_PhysicalMemory Form Factor. This value will always be 12 for SODIMM memory, which is generally only used in Laptops and Mini-ITX systems.
1 REPLY 1
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
We are hesitant to add additional fields to the dynamic group feature to be honest. The dynamic group feature is meant to be a simplified version of the report builder, for customers who are unfamiliar with SQL. We feel that adding too many options or fields to dynamic groups would defeat the purpose of the feature.

For anything not covered by dynamic groups, we recommend building a custom report under Reports\Create New Report instead. You can run a script based on tblAssetGroups/tblAssetGroupLink to insert static (not dynamic) group memberships directly into the database as well, though we do not currently provide support for writing custom database scripts. You could try the tblPortableBattery database table to identify laptops by the way.