cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GordonPly
Engaged Sweeper II
Greetings to the knowledgeable ones,
We have identified that not all hardware is showing on our remote sites. I am able to ping the items and remotely connect to them. We have contacted our WAN maintainer CDK Global and they say that they do not block any SNMP traffic as they use it themselves. I have run the connection tester on a remote device and it can see it, I have run the same test on the identical device on our main site that Lansweeper can see and get the same results.
What are we missing?
Please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Lansweeper scans network devices if one of the protocols mentioned in this KB article is enabled on them. If this can't be done, you might enable an option to create an asset page for IP addresses which were successfully pinged, without retrieving any further data. Under Configuration\Scanning methods, section IP Address Range Scanning, tick "Save Ping IP" for the affected IP range.

For switches and firewalls however we would recommend that you check if any protocol can be enabled. Possibly you'll need to enter the corrent SNMP community password and map it the the right IP range under Configuration\Scanning credentials.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Lansweeper scans network devices if one of the protocols mentioned in this KB article is enabled on them. If this can't be done, you might enable an option to create an asset page for IP addresses which were successfully pinged, without retrieving any further data. Under Configuration\Scanning methods, section IP Address Range Scanning, tick "Save Ping IP" for the affected IP range.

For switches and firewalls however we would recommend that you check if any protocol can be enabled. Possibly you'll need to enter the corrent SNMP community password and map it the the right IP range under Configuration\Scanning credentials.
GordonPly
Engaged Sweeper II
Hi,
Scanning PC's, Servers and Printers on the remote sites seems fine, but I have over 50 Android Tablets and 15 Cisco Routers and 15 Watchguard Firewalls that it won't see. The report from Device Tester is...

Scanning SNMP..
SNMP disabled or wrong community

But I also get the same report when scanning on my Local network and this will display the additional equipment.
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Not sure which types of devices you are scanning.

Did you configure the IP range of the remote devices under Configuration\Scanning methods, section IP Address Range Scanning?

Under Configuration\Scanning credentials, did you create and map the correct SNMP credential to this IP range?

After running the test with devicetester.exe, did you get any data in the SNMP section of the test output?