cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MDGraves
Engaged Sweeper III
I read as many threads as I could find. I found one comment from staff that "future" changes to Default Asset View may include ability to modify the column placement.

This is a KEY want for us. The company I work for (licensee) has multiple DIVISIONS, and those may have SUB-DIVISIONS, and then Plant/Mill locations. I have that data in fields / columns. However, as my asset list grows, it would be much easier for my users if I could move the "DIVISIONS", "SUB-DIVISIONS" and "Plant/Mill" columns over on the left for quick filtering.

Do you have a timeline for the "Column Movement" enhancement - release?
7 REPLIES 7
caverna
Engaged Sweeper III
Just my $0.02 here:
http://www.danvk.org/wp/dragtable/index.html

Easily done!
Robbit
Engaged Sweeper
We really do need this as well. It was hard to convince my boss that rearranging the columns is actually not possible and his doubt grows whether a software not supporting such a fundamental basic function is worth to be taken seriously. Please don't let me be compromised and justify my exposed enthusiasm for lansweeper. 😉 Add this "feature". QUICK!
Thank You in advance.
rarmstrong
Engaged Sweeper II
Similar issue here - Would like to move columns. It just makes sense to be able to do that.
jkrelic
Champion Sweeper
I would like to bump this up again because this is more than a QoL request now as more of an inconvenience. We are spending double the time looking up assets instead of being able to see them at a glance.
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
For pages that are automatically generated *other* than the assets.aspx page, you can modify the tsysdbobjects database table to customize the views. See this link. This is not officially supported however and will break your installation if incorrectly executed.

Assets.aspx is a "special" page that doesn't just read from an internal query and cannot be customized in the same way. Customization is on our wish list, but we can't give a release date for this feature unfortunately.
joes3
Engaged Sweeper III
Being a link that is one click away no matter where in the Lansweeper portal you are means it's an important link and I'd like the content to be just as important and that means that users should be able to customize its view to suit their needs. Movable columns is a good start but I'd go even further and say that the default Assets view should be entirely customizable; whether that means an option that lets users pick a different report to display when using that link (leaving the original untouched) or letting users actually customize that view.

Help desk is good though and this certainly isn't mission critical to anything, just a timesaver/QoL feature request.
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Not yet unfortunately. Development is hard at work getting our help desk ready for our beta testers, so any other features have low priority for now.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now