cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
servicedesk
Champion Sweeper II
Today a workmate deployed a package using a report with 20 targets with a 12 hours retry if the pc is offline.

At the deployment log started to appears errors like

"Result: Deployment ended: This action is only valid for products...Stop(Failure)" due step "X"

So I fix it on the fly and started to appear:

Result: Deployment ended: The operation completed successfully. Stop(Success)

All fine until here, then I noticed that the deployment was being re-deployed on machines that were succesfully deployed... now the computers are offline but lansweeper is keeps retrying, giving offline errors.

I think that my workmate re-deployed the task and thats why is keeping retrying again and again, but I'm not sure.

Can I see somewhere in Lansweeper, the status of a "deployment task" ?

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
We've created an internal fix for this issue, which will be included in our next update. To request a copy of the internal fix, contact support@lansweeper.com. To be notified of the next production release of Lansweeper, be sure to enable update checks in the Configuration\Scanning Setup\Your License section of the web console.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
We've created an internal fix for this issue, which will be included in our next update. To request a copy of the internal fix, contact support@lansweeper.com. To be notified of the next production release of Lansweeper, be sure to enable update checks in the Configuration\Scanning Setup\Your License section of the web console.
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Could you send a mail to support@lansweeper.com with a link to this forum topic. We are following up via mail.
Slicer
Engaged Sweeper III
hello

i have the exact same issue, I used an asset groep to do a deplayment but it now keeps deploying every few hours. in 2 days i have over 700 deployments for only 60 computers.

(we have only one server).

a possible reason might be that one computer in the selection failed and so the delpoyment keeps re-trying the entire group of devices in the selection?
servicedesk
Champion Sweeper II
Hi,

We have only one.

thanks
Bert_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
How many scanning servers do you have?
servicedesk
Champion Sweeper II
Hello!

Our actual version is v. 5233, is the latest I think.
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
On which version is your Lansweeper server at the moment? If you didn't do it already, we recommend upgrading to the latest version available here.
servicedesk
Champion Sweeper II
Actually I think that is some kind of bug.

Today I deployed a diferent package using a report (19 computers), without selecting a retry time if the computer is offline, and it keeps trying to re-deploy on the offline computers.

Can this be checked ?

The dev answer stills a very good workaround, let me know if you preffer to follow up that on a new post.

Thank you
servicedesk
Champion Sweeper II
Thanks for the info!

I'm sure that is already in progress a way to cancel deployments.

Also field to check the retry time selection could be usefull.

Thanks