cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fjca
Champion Sweeper II
Hi all,

It seems that some time during the last 10 days or so, Dell Warranty lookups stopped working (for me, at least), the latest sucessfull scan I have is from 16th of February.

I've run a report for Warranty Checks that was posted on another thread, and the full error I have is:

Connection error (elapsed time: 00:00:02.4219370): The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.

I can see the hits on our proxy server for the request, so it is not a proxy/network issue.
The new HP Warranty lookups work fine also.

Is it happening to someone else ? Was something changed from previous versions ?
I'm running the latest version, 5.2.0.31.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
An installer is now available that uses the new Dell warranty API. This installer is not linked on our website yet, but you can find it here: http://download.lansweeper.com/5233/LansweeperSetup.exe
When you've updated, don't forget to rescan warranties by hitting the Rescan All Asset Warranties Now button under Configuration\Scanning Setup\Server Options.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
An installer is now available that uses the new Dell warranty API. This installer is not linked on our website yet, but you can find it here: http://download.lansweeper.com/5233/LansweeperSetup.exe
When you've updated, don't forget to rescan warranties by hitting the Rescan All Asset Warranties Now button under Configuration\Scanning Setup\Server Options.
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Development has decided to implement the alternate API link, as the issues with the current API persist. We'll likely bundle this change with some small deployment bug fixes in a new installer by the end of next week. Make sure the automatic update check is enabled in the Lansweeper web console under Configuration\Scanning Setup\Your License, so you'll be notified of new Lansweeper releases.
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
We use an API provided by Dell to scan warranty information. Over the past few weeks, the API's been intermittently throwing errors. We contacted Dell about this. They state that a temporary network issue on their end is to blame and that we could try another API link to scan warranties.

As the new link would have to be hard coded into the service and would require us to create a new installer, development has decided to wait and see if the network issues resolve themselves. They'll probably decide on a course of action tomorrow, if the issue persists.