cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pskup
Engaged Sweeper III
Hello,
is it possible to show the transmission rate of an network controller of an asset?

I want to check if the asset is connected via 10/100/1000 MBit/s.

On a lokal pc I check this normally with "Control Panel" -> "network connectivity" (or something like that )
See attachment for the windows popup.

Greetings
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Actually, you should be able to get this information from the tblNetworkAdapter database table. It pulls information from the Win32_NetworkAdapter WMI class. This class is only available in Windows Vista and higher however.

TblNetworkAdapter is somewhat of a "hidden" table. It's not displayed in the web console, but you can query it with the report builder.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Actually, you should be able to get this information from the tblNetworkAdapter database table. It pulls information from the Win32_NetworkAdapter WMI class. This class is only available in Windows Vista and higher however.

TblNetworkAdapter is somewhat of a "hidden" table. It's not displayed in the web console, but you can query it with the report builder.
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
There is no built-in functionality for copying action results to the database. The ideal solution would be to scan the information through custom registry scanning. I assume this won't work for the specific information you're after however, as each NIC will likely have its own registry key (and you can only scan specific registry values).

We'll add your request to the wish list.
pskup
Engaged Sweeper III
I solved one first step (hopefully) 🙂

I made an action script:
cmd.exe /K "wmic /node:{ipaddress} NIC where NetEnabled=true get Name, Speed"
This will give me the speed of the asset in the cmd prompt.

Is it somehow possible to get this information into a report? Or am I on the wrong track?