cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Uninstall Software is an action you can run from a Windows computer’s Lansweeper webpage and that allows you to remotely uninstall software from the machine. The Uninstall Software tool does not require any Lansweeper software on the target machine itself.
  • Download the Uninstall Software executable here.
  • Copy the executable to the Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Actions folder on your Lansweeper server.
  • More info on setting up the Uninstall Software action can be found in this knowledge base article.

{actionpath}RemoteUninst.exe {smartname}
4 REPLIES 4
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Make sure you meet the Uninstall Software requirements mentioned in the knowledge base. Keep in mind that, as mentioned in the knowledge base, the Uninstall Software tool will no longer be updated or supported, as the same (and better) functionality is offered by Lansweeper 5.2's software deployment features.
blighter
Engaged Sweeper III
I do love this tool 🙂

Are there any options to integrate a shortcut on the "Software List" on the asset pages that would link to the uninstall of that particular item?

i.e.

Asset123
Software 1 | Uninstall
Software 2 | Uninstall
Software 3 | Uninstall

Clicking the link on "Software 2" would run something like {actionpath}RemoteUninst.exe {smartname} {softwarename}

?

Would be awesome 😉
dsolts
Engaged Sweeper
The Remote Uninstall software is installed but when I try run it on any other machine than my own is comes up with the following message:

Cannot connect to WMI Service on *Machine Name*.

Please help!
sullivane
Champion Sweeper III
Are there going to be improvements to this? There is no progress, you have no idea if it uninstalled or failed that I can see. Other than waiting a couple of minutes then rescanning the asset.