cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chrishps
Engaged Sweeper II
Hey everyone,

I'm looking to see what's available in LS in terms of api/automation. I'm working with vcac/vco and am wanting to do somethign like the following:

A user creates a vm, chooses options such as description, type, etc. When the machine is built, it passes those variables to ls via api/sql etc.

Is this possible and if so what is the best way to connect and do this?

Thanks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
There is no API at the moment. If you install the Lansweeper database under SQL Server, it is fully open to external interfaces however. No support is currently provided for integrating third-party tools with Lansweeper, but perhaps other forum users will post about their experience.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Question received and answered via email as well:
Hi Christopher,

You need to fill in tblAssets.AssetUnique, tblAssets.Assettype and tblAssetCustom.State as well. Please note however that, as explained on the forum, we do not provide support for integrating tools with Lansweeper or writing custom database scripts. We cannot provide further instructions or support for what you are trying to do. We recommend examining existing, scanned assets and the database dictionary if you need further information.
chrishps
Engaged Sweeper II
OK. I used the following sql code to try and create a new record. It seemed to work but when I search for the device and click on it I get the following error:

INSERT INTO dbo.tblAssets (Domain, IPAddress, Description, AssetName)
Values ('DOMAIN', '1.0.0.1', 'Chris test entry', 'ChrisTest');

500 - INternal server error.

AM I missing a required field to be added?
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
There is no API at the moment. If you install the Lansweeper database under SQL Server, it is fully open to external interfaces however. No support is currently provided for integrating third-party tools with Lansweeper, but perhaps other forum users will post about their experience.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now