cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MikeRigsby
Engaged Sweeper III
I know this feature is already on the road map, and chances are this request has already been made in the forum somewhere. I'd just like to know if there's any idea WHEN this will be added.

In my environment I have a ton of USB, and a few PS2 keyboard wedge, attached Barcode scanners. I would love to be able to have them in the Assets list also so getting WMI scanning within LANsweeper would be awesome.

There are competing products that will do this so I know it's at least possible.
2 REPLIES 2
MikeRigsby
Engaged Sweeper III
For sake of touching base on an old topic. Since it's been 3 years since my initial post, has there been any further development or discussion on adding more WMI scanning functionality yet?

PDQInventory is a client based scanning system that can give reports on all USB Devices, and USBDeview by Nirsoft is a clientless scanner that can, so I do know it's possible. I'd just like to have it as part of our LANSweeper suite.
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
This feature is on our customer wish list, but we have no release date for it unfortunately. Development is busy getting the help desk ready for our beta testers, so any other features have low priority for now.

At the moment, Lansweeper only scans information on a limited number of USB devices, such as external hard drives, keyboards, mice and printers. These are devices with their own WMI (Windows Management Instrumentation) classes. There is a Win32_USBControllerDevice WMI class that provides limited (and not very readable) info on attached USB devices, but this class is not currently scanned.