cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kavita
Engaged Sweeper
We have recently installed Lansweeper in our company.
We have observed that Lansweeper is not scanning few machines in our domain.
Credentials entered for scanning have domain admin privileges on it and all other machine are getting scanned with same credentials.

Error message is :
Scanning Access denied - possible causes:
Scanning credential is missing administrative privileges on XXXXXXXXXX.
Username/password incorrect for: Global (domain/XXXXXXX)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Please review this knowledge base article. If the issue persists, contact support@lansweeper.com and provide:
  • Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\Errorlog.txt, as present on your Lansweeper server.
  • Screenshots of one problem computer's Lansweeper webpage. Show us the following tabs: Summary, Scan Time, Errors. Do not blank anything out in your screenshots.
  • Screenshot of a connection test performed to the same problem computer with testconnection.exe, which can be found in Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Actions on your Lansweeper server. Perform the test on your Lansweeper server, tick "alternate credentials", submit the same credentials used by Lansweeper to scan the machine and show us the entire test window.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
user2342
Engaged Sweeper
Here is a fix that might work for you http://www.lansweeper.com/Forum/yaf_postst7265_Multi-domain-can-t-get-it-to-use-alternate-credentials.aspx#post30691 .

I am having a similar issue with a domain that I have scanned but with my account I don't have access to a few machines.

What I did was create a windows scanning target for that machine put in the domain. I then created a credential that is a local admin account for the machine in LanSweeper, and mapped it to the target.

I was able to scan the machine successfully. I wasn't at first because I would put in the machine name\username for the credential username. This isn't required since just administrator works fine.

Also make sure the account is a domain admin or has admin rights on those machines you are scanning. And what else has worked for me is by going to the failed machine in the assets view, and clicking rescan on the left hand-side.
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Please review this knowledge base article. If the issue persists, contact support@lansweeper.com and provide:
  • Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\Errorlog.txt, as present on your Lansweeper server.
  • Screenshots of one problem computer's Lansweeper webpage. Show us the following tabs: Summary, Scan Time, Errors. Do not blank anything out in your screenshots.
  • Screenshot of a connection test performed to the same problem computer with testconnection.exe, which can be found in Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Actions on your Lansweeper server. Perform the test on your Lansweeper server, tick "alternate credentials", submit the same credentials used by Lansweeper to scan the machine and show us the entire test window.