cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RBosch01
Engaged Sweeper II
We're running the latest version 5217. In the last two released versions I've been unable to add computers to the Windows Computer Exclusion list in Configuration -> Scanning Methods.

When I try to add a computer I get an error message "Error while saving: This computer is already excluded" (screenshot attached) but the computer is not already in the exclusion list.

Is this a bug?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Development already created an updated installer to address this issue. Could you update with this installer and see if the issue persists. This installer isn't linked on the website yet.

Please send any future bug reports to support@lansweeper.com. We'll follow up via email. If we have to confirm/troubleshoot a bug, it is difficult to do this on the forum.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
RBosch01
Engaged Sweeper II
Yes, that's fixed it, thanks!
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Development already created an updated installer to address this issue. Could you update with this installer and see if the issue persists. This installer isn't linked on the website yet.

Please send any future bug reports to support@lansweeper.com. We'll follow up via email. If we have to confirm/troubleshoot a bug, it is difficult to do this on the forum.