cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pskup
Engaged Sweeper III
Hello community,

I have spent the last days setting up lansweeper for our network. Editing credentials, clean up AD, making reports and adding new asset informations.

All works great and is very helpful to create an inventory of hardware and software.

Now something came to my mind. Why not using Lansweeper to make an inventory of "things of interest" for us. Things like cameras, surveying equipment, cell phones and other hardware.

Before I am wasting too much time, my question is: Is it reasonable to build such an inventory with lansweeper. Of course I know that I have to set up all informations of these "offline" assets manually.

A further question. Is it possible to insert own tables? Like licensing information (value, dates) for installed software. For connecting these informations to a report.

Thanks for your opinions.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
pskup wrote:
Before I am wasting too much time, my question is: Is it reasonable to build such an inventory with lansweeper. Of course I know that I have to set up all informations of these "offline" assets manually.

Many of our customers use Lansweeper to track assets that are not part of the network as well. You can manually create assets by:
  • Hovering over the Assets link at the top of the web console and hitting the New Asset button.
  • Importing from a CSV file, under Configuration/Scanning Setup/Database Scripts.

pskup wrote:
A further question. Is it possible to insert own tables? Like licensing information (value, dates) for installed software. For connecting these informations to a report.

There is a software license compliance module in the Licenses tab of the web console that you could use to track license details. Making changes to the database is not supported. You can add tables if you know what you're doing, but keep in mind that:
  • Custom changes may be overwritten during updates.
  • Custom changes may cause other update issues as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
pskup
Engaged Sweeper III
Thanks for your helpful answer.

I have totally overlooked the licence section. I thought that this is about the lansweeper licence.

Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
pskup wrote:

Many of our customers use Lansweeper to track assets that are not part of the network as well. You can manually create assets by:
  • Hovering over the Assets link at the top of the web console and hitting the New Asset button.
  • Importing from a CSV file, under Configuration/Scanning Setup/Database Scripts.

pskup wrote:

There is a software license compliance module in the Licenses tab of the web console that you could use to track license details. Making changes to the database is not supported. You can add tables if you know what you're doing, but keep in mind that:
  • Custom changes may be overwritten during updates.
  • Custom changes may cause other update issues as well.