cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LithiumKid1976
Champion Sweeper
Hi,
Can lansweeper pick up IP phones?
we have Alcatel-lucent ip phones, some set to static and some dynamic IP addresses.
i dont see them showing up in lansweeper.

can you advise if its possible to get a report on this?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Lansweeper 5.1 will only add a device to the database if it can pull data from one or more of the following protocols: WMI, FTP, HTTP, HTTPS, JetDirect, SIP, SMTP, SNMP, SSH or Telnet. You can run Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Actions\DeviceTester.exe on your Lansweeper server and connect to some of your devices to see which protocols are enabled.

In Lansweeper 5.2, you can tick "save ping IP" for your IP ranges to have Lansweeper create assets for all pingable IPs, though no scanned data will be available unless you enable one of the aforementioned protocols. "Save ping IP" can be enabled in the IP Address Range Scanning section of Configuration/Scanning Setup/Scanning Methods.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
As there are no open ports, Lansweeper won't be able to pull any data from the devices. You can have Lansweeper 5.2 create asset pages for the devices, but no data will be available unless you enable a protocol on your devices (preferably SNMP).
LithiumKid1976
Champion Sweeper
Hi Susan,
thanks for your reply.

i've done that, here's what i got back,
Scanning TCP ports..
Open ports:
Closed ports:
21 (FTP)
22 (SSH)
23 (Telnet)
25 (SMTP)
80 (HTTP)
135 (EPMAP)
139 (NetBIOS Session Service)
443 (HTTPS)
3389 (RDP)
445 (SMB)
9100 (Jetdirect)
16992 (Vpro HTTP)
16993 (Vpro HTTPS)
Scanning MAC..
()
Scanning netbios (UDP)..
Could not scan netbios
Scanning SIP..
Error: No reply
Scanning SNMP..
SNMP disabled or wrong community
Scanning VPRO RMCPPing..
No reply to RMCP ping
Done.
so it looks like there it can ping it, but cant get any info from it.
so thats it i think, i cant get any info from the phones...?
thanks

Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Lansweeper 5.1 will only add a device to the database if it can pull data from one or more of the following protocols: WMI, FTP, HTTP, HTTPS, JetDirect, SIP, SMTP, SNMP, SSH or Telnet. You can run Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Actions\DeviceTester.exe on your Lansweeper server and connect to some of your devices to see which protocols are enabled.

In Lansweeper 5.2, you can tick "save ping IP" for your IP ranges to have Lansweeper create assets for all pingable IPs, though no scanned data will be available unless you enable one of the aforementioned protocols. "Save ping IP" can be enabled in the IP Address Range Scanning section of Configuration/Scanning Setup/Scanning Methods.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now