cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GaryT
Engaged Sweeper
I am trying to create a deployment package for Office 2016. I tried modifying the Office 2010 package listed but am still having failures. The remote PCs are Windows 7, both 32 and 64 bit.

PackageShare}\Installers\Office2016\Pro\setup.exe

/adminfile "{PackageShare}\Installers\Office2016\Pro\adminfile.msp"

"{PackageShare}\Installers\Office2016\Pro\setup.exe" /adminfile "{PackageShare}\Installers\Office2016\Pro\adminfile.msp"

When I deploy the package, I can see the install processes start on the remote PC but they never finish and keep running until I manually stop them.

Is anyone using something for Office?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
We don't currently have an installer package for Microsoft Office 2016, but we can provide some pointers:
  • Make sure your .msp file was created correctly in OCT to allow for a silent installation.
  • As a test, run the command in CMD before deploying it using a deployment module, the feedback you receive in the CMD may be valuable.

This article we found online seems to cover the entirety of a remote silent Office 2016 installation and could be useful for you.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
devinw0985
Engaged Sweeper
Did you have any luck getting this to work for you? I am in the same situation.
GaryT
Engaged Sweeper
I did create the package using OCT using a silent install.
I tried running it with CMD and had the same problem, the Install never finishes and the deployment fails on a time out.

And I did select to accept the EULA.

I tried running the install manually from the location on our LanSweeper server and the install did work.

I'm going to try a couple different parameters and see if anything changes.
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
We don't currently have an installer package for Microsoft Office 2016, but we can provide some pointers:
  • Make sure your .msp file was created correctly in OCT to allow for a silent installation.
  • As a test, run the command in CMD before deploying it using a deployment module, the feedback you receive in the CMD may be valuable.

This article we found online seems to cover the entirety of a remote silent Office 2016 installation and could be useful for you.
servicedesk
Champion Sweeper II
When a deployment never ends is more likely to be stuck. I suggest to run it without lansweeper to confirm your commands.

Did you select to accept EULA option in the admin file?