cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
heybobby1
Engaged Sweeper III
Hi, I would like to see more action parameters available in deployments. For example {userdomain} and {username}. I think only {packageshare} can be used currently?

Like this post if you agree.
2 REPLIES 2
heybobby1
Engaged Sweeper III
It's a shame there's no interest in this. Could be used to prompt end users to close programs before executing an installer. I know you can run deployments as "Currently logged on" but that's not going to work if the user isn't an administrator.
heybobby1
Engaged Sweeper III
Here's an example of how this could be used to install OneDrive. OneDrive is a tricky beast as it needs to be installed peruser and percomputer so in order to install it to a user that isn't an admin you need to install it once as admin first (to do the percomputer bit). If we could use the {userdomain} and {username} action parameters in deployments, OneDrive could be installed silently (and in a single package installer) like this:

Step 1. Install OneDrive as SYSTEM

OneDriveSetup.exe /Silent

Step 2. Install OneDrive as User

SCHTASKS /Create /TN "Install OneDrive Task" /TR "OneDriveSetup.exe /Silent /Peruser /Childprocess" /SC ONCE /SD 20/10/2010 /ST 20:10 /RU {userdomain}\{username} /F && SCHTASKS /Run /TN "Install OneDrive Task" && SCHTASKS /Delete /TN "Install OneDrive Task" /F

BTW. The SCHTASKS method works in actions (to run action as Admin but launch executable as user). Here's the code for that:

cmd.exe /K SCHTASKS /Create /S {smartname} /TN "Run Calculator Task" /TR "calc.exe" /SC ONCE /SD 20/10/2010 /ST 20:10 /RU {userdomain}\{username} /F && SCHTASKS /Run /S {smartname} /TN "Run Calculator Task" && SCHTASKS /Delete /S {smartname} /TN "Run Calculator Task" /F

Please LIKE this thread if you think this feature would be useful.