cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dmitriy_N
Engaged Sweeper
Hi,
I have "Administrator+Agent" permissions,
What other additional permissions needed to view the report? Where to place them?

Code report
Select Top 1000000 tblConfigLog.Date,
Case tblConfigLog.ActionID When 1 Then 'change' When 2 Then '+'
When 3 Then '-' End As Action,
tblConfigLog.Description,
tblConfigLog.OldValue,
tblConfigLog.NewValue,
tblConfigLog.displayname As ChangeMadeBy,
htblusers.name,
htblusers.username,
htblusers.userdomain,
htblusers.email,
htblusers.telephone,
htblusers.mobile
From tblConfigLog
Left Join htblusers On htblusers.userid = tblConfigLog.UserID
Order By tblConfigLog.Date Desc
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
IFIT
Engaged Sweeper III
IFIT wrote:
Same here, For the Report: Users: Changes made to Lansweeper configuration(0), I receive the following error: Error: Report not allowed. You need permission to view reports containing helpdesk tables.

Has anyone found a solution for this yet?

I got this reply from Lansweeper Support, and was able to follow what they said and fix this issue.

If you have a role assigned to your user account with the 'View Reports containing Helpdesk Tables' permission enabled on it, you should be able to view the report. We presume, however, that your account is also part of a Windows group where another role is assigned to under Configuration\User Access & Roles that does not have this permission. From a Lansweeper point of view, it is important to know that group based roles overrule individual set roles.

Windows Groups assigned to a role can be seen next to the roles themselves under Configuration\User Access & Roles. More information on how to restrict or grant access in the Lansweeper web console can be found in this knowledge base article: https://www.lansweeper.com/knowledgebase/restricting-access-to-the-web-console/

So, basically, under Configure\User Access & Roles\User Role, I had added Domain Admins to the "Add comments" and other Roles. One or more of these roles did not allow for "View Reports Containing Helpdesk Tables", and these restrictive rules over rode the Users rule of "Administrator + Agent", that were assigned to me.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
IFIT
Engaged Sweeper III
Same here, For the Report: Users: Changes made to Lansweeper configuration(0), I receive the following error: Error: Report not allowed. You need permission to view reports containing helpdesk tables.

IFIT
Engaged Sweeper III
IFIT wrote:

I got this reply from Lansweeper Support, and was able to follow what they said and fix this issue.

If you have a role assigned to your user account with the 'View Reports containing Helpdesk Tables' permission enabled on it, you should be able to view the report. We presume, however, that your account is also part of a Windows group where another role is assigned to under Configuration\User Access & Roles that does not have this permission. From a Lansweeper point of view, it is important to know that group based roles overrule individual set roles.

Windows Groups assigned to a role can be seen next to the roles themselves under Configuration\User Access & Roles. More information on how to restrict or grant access in the Lansweeper web console can be found in this knowledge base article: https://www.lansweeper.com/knowledgebase/restricting-access-to-the-web-console/

So, basically, under Configure\User Access & Roles\User Role, I had added Domain Admins to the "Add comments" and other Roles. One or more of these roles did not allow for "View Reports Containing Helpdesk Tables", and these restrictive rules over rode the Users rule of "Administrator + Agent", that were assigned to me.
Tomas
Engaged Sweeper III
Has anyone found a solution to this. I have also got full admin privilges and get that error when trying to use this report List of who made changes to assets or settings and when
jmje
Engaged Sweeper III
I already have everything under that checked, and still can't see the report.

MikeMc
Champion Sweeper II
I believe you need to assign yourself a role with the 'View Reports Containing Helpdesk Tables' permission. You can do this under Security Settings > User Access and Roles.

jmje
Engaged Sweeper III
I'd like to know the answer to this too?

How do you grant the rights needed to view a helpdesk table?

Getting the error as well.